5 X 3 X 2 / N38SH – NDFEB (NEODYMIUM) MAGNET
- 5 [mm] +0,1/-0,1
- 3 [mm] +0,1/-0,1
- 2 [mm] +0,1/-0,1
- magnetizing direction along dimension
- 2 [mm]Direction of magnetization along the height (the last dimension included in a magnet name) means that the surface of a magnet perpendicular to its height makes the N-pole, while the other surface perpendicular to the height refers to the S-pole;.
- maximal hoisting capacity
- 0,56 [kg]The pull force was measured by using metal sheet 10 [mm] thick, acting with perpendicular detaching force. The air gap comprised between the metal sheet and a magnet causes reduction in the pull force.
- Magnetic field in geometrical center of the magnetic pole surface
- 0,277 [T]
- Maximum working temperature
- 150 °[C]For flat magnets and magnets mounted in the open magnetic circuit working temperature may be insignificantly lower. For high magnets and magnets mounted in the closed magnetic circuit working temperature equals max. working temperature for a given material. Curie’s temperature is ~ 310°[C]. Temperature coefficient of remanence TK(Br: approx. ~0,12 %/°[C]. Temperature coefficient of coercivity TK(HcJ): approx. -0,6 %/°[C].
- Nickel (NiCuNi)Sintered neodymium magnets are brittle (fragile). A neodymium magnet without housing could break after an impact with another strong magnet.
- Magnetic moment
- 34,2 [nWb]x[m]
- 0,23 [g]All the numbers quoted were obtained as a result of tests with one specific item in a room temperature and are intended to serve for comparison of practical magnetic properties of magnets offered by the shop.
MAGNETIC PROPERTIES OF MATERIAL GRADE N38SH
remanence Br 1,21 – 1,25 [T] coercivity HcB min. 907 [kA/m] coercivity HcJ min. 1592 [kA/m] energy product (BH)max 286 – 302 [kJ/m3]
agnetic properties of a particular material, together with its shape, volume, max. working temperature and direction of magnetization have influence on practical magnetic properties of a magnet. As an example, you will find attached a graph of a course of the II quadrant of magnetic hysteresis loop for a material grade N38SH.
density ~7,5 [g/cm3] Vickers’ hardness (HV) ~600 [kg/mm2] resistivity ~144 [uOhm x cm]